Friday, August 6, 2010

Kristen


I was in 8th grade, when my dad came walking out to the "playground" at my school where I was hanging with my friends during our afternoon break. Before he got halfway to me, he shouted, "Tina had the baby. It's a girl!" Up to that point, my sister and her husband had kept the baby's gender a secret. Ah, a girl. Kristen--love it.

Years followed and I got to see her grow , even having the privilege of living in the same city with her for nearly 6 years. She's now soon to be 16 (which I cannot believe!), and I am beaming with pride for the young lady she is and who she is becoming.

While we share more than our bed-making preference (if anyone knows me, I've only recently come over to the bed-making side), I couldn't be prouder of Kristen's recent participation in Truth & Peace--a student leadership conference I attended when in high school too. It was a treat for me to pick up Kristen from Oklahoma City after the conference and drive her to my home for a couple days. We watched the BEST Pride & Prejudice movie e-v-e-r, among other special moments. It was just so great being with her, even if we were both so sleepy we couldn't stand it--ha! (She also shares my knack for sleeping.) I can see, even from a distance, how God is impacting her life. And what more could an aunt ask for?

So, Kristen, I'm crazy about you, and cheering for you all the way from Texas. Proud of you. Love you. Miss you.

No comments: