Thursday, February 14, 2013

Anna-isms #1

(I have a feeling this will be an ongoing blog post.)

The radio comes on as we start the car. A commercial announcer says, Do you have a herniated disc?
Anna says, NooOo, with an inflection I cannot quite capture through typing.
The announcer continues, Do you need surgery or need regular shots?
Anna replies again, No.
She looks at me with her eyebrows raised and an expression that says, Nope, I don't need any of that.

In other news, the neighbor's cat, who is a recluse of an old man, suddenly is around all the time because he wants Anna to pet him. Did you read that? The cat miraculously wants to be touched by my daughter. I am, of course, a nervous wreck about the whole thing because the cat has ran from me on numerous occasions. Tonight I come home to find Bryan and Anna in the garden with Anna sticking her hand through the fence patting the cat. Unbelievable. The cat loves her.

When Anna finishes a book, she most always says, Amen. Very religious this one.

Stay tuned. More to come, no doubt.