Saturday, March 23, 2013

Potty Training: Waving the White Flag

Where do I even begin?

Last Tuesday, which feels like eons ago, Anna Zane proudly put on her new Elmo underwear. And every 30 minutes to 1 hour, the ol' buzzer would go off: "Pee pee in the potty. Cha cha cha." Yes, I sang that.

It was all fun and games.

And numerous accidents.

In summary, after three days, she peed once in the potty.

We had some fabulous company for the weekend so we eased up a bit on the routine.

Back at it on Monday-Thursday. Peed three times in four days.

She was frustrated. I was frustrated. This isn't the way it's supposed to be.

So, the panties are back in the drawer, and we're tabling the topic for at least a month.

And as I posted on my Facebook wall: When the Bible speaks of sanctification of the saints, it means potty training.

That's all I'm going to say about that.


2 comments:

Riggs Tribe said...

I still stand by the fact that potty training is the WORST part of being a parent. I had to keep reminding myself that one day they will finally use the potty:)

Riggs Tribe said...

I still believe that potty training is the WORST part of being a parent. I had to keep reminding myself that one day they would finally use the potty. :) Hang in there!
Kim