Friday, June 28, 2013

Anna-isms #4

It's officially Texas summertime. We hit the ol' triple digits this week. Often, when we get into the car, Anna says, "Mom, turn on the heater." She's a little confused. She's also told me, "My feet are hot. I need socks."

Yesterday, Anna played with a baby doll for 1.5 hours. This is a never-before-feat for her. It was darling and sad. Darling because it was so cute. Sad because she acted so old, like a little girl. Where's my BABY? Anyway, I got quite the startle when about 30 minutes into the play, I hear her calling the doll "my sister." Um, excuse me? Does she know something we don't?

Anna pats her hair and says, "My hair growing pretty."

She's always (ALWAYS) wanting Ms. Lisa, Bryan, or me to "close your eyes" so she can say, "surprise!"

While she doesn't like to eat cake or cookies, she bakes batch after batch in the bathtub. I've never pretended to eat so much purple cake . . . .

She loves to play hide-and-seek. She loves to be startled (laughs so hard after she jumps). She likes TV more than I like to admit. And she adores watering the garden/flowers while wearing her princess skirt along with the occasional twirl.

Sigh. I adore her, heater-sister-pretty-surprise-cake-princess Anna.

And here's a bonus: I blogged again for Fort Worth Moms Blog today: fortworthmomsblog.com.

It's all about how I've tackled the toddler tantrums. Yes, yes, that sweetie does stomp her feet, yell, and cry a few tantrum tears now and then.


No comments: