Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Today is the day we celebrate our wedding anniversary--our first. I keep thinking, what was I doing one year ago at this time? Of course, it's an excuse to relive the day I married Bryan--truly the most wonderful man I've ever known. The last year has been a blessing to me.

We have both said this first year together was relatively smooth, unlike some horror stories of first years I've heard. At the same time, we jokingly are waiting for the bottom to fall out. :-) We have enjoyed learning more about each other as we learned to live together. We enjoy just hanging out at home, acting silly together. We enjoy working on our house and yard together, making it our own. We enjoy shopping together, groceries and all. In other words, we just enjoy being together no matter what we're doing.


Although our first anniversary isn't ideal--I've got classes from 3-9:30 p.m.--we are looking forward to a week away in Fredericksburg, Texas. We are visiting the Palo Alto Creek Farm Bed & Breakfast. I'm super excited because I've never been to a B&B. It looks fabulous, and I'm praying that's what I find when we arrive! I'll post pictures when we get back. But until then....


Happy Anniversary to us.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary dear sweet friends!!!!

Anonymous said...

Has it already been a year? Time flies when other people are having fun! Congratulations and best wishes--even if it is a few days late. I can tell you from experience that the first anniversary is sweet, but the 31st is sweeter still!