Wednesday, April 15, 2009

An Easter to Remember

For Palm Sunday, we celebrated in Nashville with Tina and fam. Kristen and Kullen gave us the sweetest card and cute Easter baskets filled with candy--princesses for me and Superman for Bryan. Our Easter week was off to a great start--fun surprises and time with family! 

Easter day was low-key with our friend Andy coming over for lunch. Ah yes, lunch; that's an interesting story. Going against logic, prior experience, and the entirety of my cook book collection, I stuffed (literally) a l-a-r-g-e roast into the crock pot. Next, in genius fashion, I slid a few potatoes and carrots down the sides, hoping to fit them. With the lid barely on, I switched the "on-high" knob. I remember telling Bryan, "This is going to be all over the counter when we get back, and I bet it won't be cooked." Sure enough, I was right. After a panicky clean-up and hurried problem-solving, Bryan put the roast in the oven and headed to Albertson's to purchase chicken. I quickly peeled potatoes and steamed some broccoli. Thank goodness Andy was easy-to-please and not too offended! 

Easter 2010? Can we say "brunch reservations"?

No comments: