Friday, August 17, 2012

18 Months of Bliss

Anna is celebrating her 18-month milestone by fighting off a head cold. Only last week, she was battling an ear infection. Her little stuffy nose and runny eyes are breaking my heart. But I have used this season of illness to indoctrinate her on the wonders of Vicks vapor rub (or is it vapo?). My plan is working; she carries around the jar most of the day. She also is shocking us by sometimes bringing the nasal aspirator (or snot sucker I as call it) for us to use on her. 

Aside for her sickness struggles, Anna Zane is doing well--still growing in maturity and expression faster than I can keep up. She's starting to mimic words. Today I heard variations of ball, cock-a-doodle-doo, "tank ew," uh-oh, whoa, and exaggerated "L" sounds for "love you." 

We've also introduced the big girl potty. (I find myself talking about bathroom matter on what feels like a continual basis.) She's "acclimating" to sitting on the potty but hasn't actually made the connection yet. I have a sneaky suspicion this will take a while. 

Anna is now a fan of Cuties clementines, Annie's trail mix (picks out the pretzels first), sweet potato tater tots, and string cheese is always a favorite. At present, she is cutting her 12th, 13th, and 14th tooth. Bless.

The pics below were taken by a former babysitter. Miss Sammy left us for grad school in Oklahoma--sniff, sniff--but we are delighted for this new chapter in life and feel blessed for having such a dear in Anna's life. She did such a great job capturing some of Anna's classic faces.








1 comment:

Leslie Clay said...

Oh my goodness - what wonderful pictures! She is beautiful.