Thursday, May 30, 2013

Anna-isms #3

While busily packing for our trip to Nashville, I came upon Anna at the top of the stairs, laying at the landing with a blanket over her. She was holding two CD cases, which she isn't supposed to have (a la no-touching-the-CDs-on-the-bookshelf rule).

I ask: What are you doing?
I could tell she was deep in thought. She sat up and showed me the Kelly Clarkson CD. She pointed to Kelly and said: This is Mama.
Then she showed me the other CD with Mariah Carey's face planted on the front and said: This is Anna.


We were coloring today with our new fancy smancy, straight from the yard sale colored pencils. (She thought these were the best things EVER.) She had a paper. I had a paper. As I started drawing the ever faithful flower, Anna said: Good job, Mom. For the next few minutes for every teeny tiny mark I made, I heard: Good job, Mom. Melt my heart. What a sweetie, right? 


Tonight I asked: Who will help me clean up? (I meant toys.) The next thing I know Anna comes out of the laundry room with the broom. The mop. The duster. She proceeds to clean, which ended 15 minutes later in her knocking a glass of water off the table. Bryan cleaned it up.

Anna's been doing some swimming at Ms. Lisa's house:


And here's one from today after our garden picking and walk:

These days, Anna loves:
  • Polka dots
  • Doc McStuffins
  • Applesauce
  • Choo choo trains
  • Bubbles
  • Playing "surprise" and hide-and-seek
  • Cheese
  • Watering plants


No comments: