Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Happy Home . . . Study

Whew. The home study is now just a memory.

And yes that sentence was waaaay more dramatic than the actual home study. :-)

Our case worker just wanted to see the new additions to the house and where a new baby would sleep, etc. (Don't worry, JHF, she loved the house.) Then, we set down for our interview. Essentially we talked about life with Anna, what we expected with a new baby, discipline tactics, work schedules, adoption scenarios, childcare, and so forth. All in all it was great!

In this adoption-is-moving-right-along news, we learned that our approval will likely come within two weeks. Holy moly! Thus, I will start our profile book this weekend. Yet, on the other hand, our case worker reiterated that placements of African American cuties have been few and far between in the last year. So our wait may be long.

While my head is telling my heart to be guarded and stick with "let's see what happens," my heart is already filling with joy and excitement and hope. I even let myself purchase two small baby items today (gasp!) in a gender neutral green, of course.


No comments: