Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Spinal Cord Surgery and Food Allergies

Wait. Wasn't I JUST writing about allergy issues with Anna Zane? Yes, yes I was. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Louisa had a MRI in April to re-check her spinal cord issues thanks to a new symptom that popped up. Today we had our follow-up visit with the neurosurgeon to go over the MRI findings. In short, he still thinks the results are inconclusive, which makes me want to scream, haha. (No really.) She does have a spinal abnormality and a filar lipoma, along with a couple symptoms of a tethered spinal cord, but he wants to hold off on surgery until we see more definitive symptoms. The doctor feels encouraged by how strong her legs are and her quality of muscle tone, so this is indeed encouraging.

I honestly haven't even had a minute to process much of this -- or fully decide if I want a second opinion because . . .

As we were walking out of he neurosurgeon's office, I noticed I had two missed calls and messages from Anna's school. It was the dreaded "allergy reaction" phone call. Thank God her teacher picked up on it quick, and the nurse responded quickly with the appropriate medications.

All of this allergy stuff lumped together may be simply coincidental, but the allergist is covering all bases, which means more testing for her in the next few days. We need to figure out what the heck is going on.

I'm thinking about turning this blog into a medical accounting of the Youree ailments. ;-)

Until next time. . .

No comments: