Friday, August 22, 2008

Newly Oriented

Last night was my new graduate student orientation at the University of North Texas. Nothing too surprising; a lot of mumbo jumbo about library collections, parking guidelines, and school policies. However, the student council's presentation of the alma mater and fight song (complete with hand motions) was . . . er, interesting. Nothing like doctoral students singing the Mean Green.

One long ID line later, I was happily on my way home. Too bad there was heaps of traffic.

Another exciting thing happened yesterday. I learned that my friends at Randall House are hosting a D6 Conference in Dallas next September. This is a conference focused on connecting parents with kids' spiritual lives--based on Deuteronomy 6. The ticket has some pretty big speakers--Jim Daly, George Barna, John Trent, among others. I'm really hoping I can work with them on this project. We'll see. Until then, I'll be a frequent visitor of d6family.com/d6conference. That's all for now.

No comments: