Thursday, January 14, 2010

Another Death in the Family

Although I have known the news for five days now, I haven't had it in me to alert the masses. Our family has suffered a devastating blow, piercing our hearts in unimaginable ways.

On Sunday, January 10, my first cousin, Curtis (Kirk) Jordan, was found dead in his home, fatally wounded by a gunshot. His death has been ruled a homicide. Visitation will be today at Bordwine Funeral Home in East Tennessee, with the funeral being held tomorrow.

My heart is especially broken for my aunt and uncle. Only four months ago, Aunt Doris lost her brother, my dad, to brain cancer; and now, this--a hurt so much harder.

As of right now, no arrests have been made. There is an on-going investigation. We are begging God for truth--no loopholes or doubts or questions, but knowing the truth of who, when, and why. I'm praying too for the one who pulled the trigger that God would pursue him or her so steadily that he or she would confess, making amends and working towards redemption. Please, please pray with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad Hasn't been on the news here in MidTN

jackie said...

I'm really sorry to hear this Emily. I thought it might be good news on your FB page. My thoughts are with you and your family as you grieve the loss of yet another member.

“Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”

Thought this was befitting. Hope it brings you comfort.