Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Nashville Monsoon

When you see those shocking images on television of water to roof lines and roadways that now look like rivers, you shake your head, thinking, "That's terrible." Then go about your business. And it's okay if you do that with the following picture/video posts.

But what I have seen today has blown my mind. It's is cliche, but oh-so-true that the snapshots do not capture the true depth (no pun intended) of the flooding and devastation. The following images are what is surrounding my friend's condo where I am staying; we are surrounded three-fourths of the way by 10-12 feet deep water. Only two condo units from us in this complex, is where these pics were taken. Less than 50 yards away.

Thankfully, the rain has calmed, and the water is starting to recede. I'm praying I can catch my already-one-day-delayed flight home tomorrow. By air and not boat.



No comments: