Friday, March 16, 2012

The Most Adorable 1-year-old Around

Before we dive into cuteness that will make you squeal, I wanted you to know my mom went home from the hospital on Wednesday. Her rehab has gone well, and we hope she will continue with out-patient care. Thanks for all the prayers and well-wishes. I'm sure my mom is happy to be on the road to recovery.

Now, for what you've been waiting for--the Anna update.

Since I first saw her, I've enjoyed her. And through the ups and downs of new parenthood, I've tried to focus on the joy she brings, always wanting to have fun with her. But these days, she is more fun than I ever imagined. It is non-stop adorability (is that a word?). I know, I know, all parents think their kids are the cutest things in the world . . . and we are NO EXCEPTION. :-) I literally feel overwhelmed by her cuteness sometimes. Love. her.

She loves to play, more and more with each day, I think. On the top of the list is playing kitchen, beauty shop, catch, and "I'm-going-to-get-you" in the hall. Her second favorite pastime is for sure eating. I had a heart-to-heart with the doctor to make sure the gorging was normal. For instance, at dinner tonight, she ate a chicken leg's worth of meat, a serving of mixed veggies (minus the corn; she throws it in the floor; not a fan), four strawberries, and 10 grapes. One and a half hours later, she ate a string cheese stick. When I say she eats more than me in one day, I am not exaggerating. But, she's healthy and on a good growth track. So, eat away, my love!

Anna's sporting five teeth, soon to be six. Her smile is a winner.

She's still crazy about the phone. Just about any toy ends up pressed against her ear with subsequent babbling. See what I mean? Cute, right?

These are her 12-month pics by Ali Christianson (message me if you'd like to contact her about a photo shoot). Anna is still shy and serious if she's in a new surrounding or if the people are new. Thus, we have few smiles. And she is so busy, it was impossible to get her to sit still! But, these pics so wonderfully capture this fun, crazy stage. Love my girl.


































1 comment:

Becky said...

Sweet photos! I really love the family ones! We used to always say (and still do :) ) that everyone else just 'thought' they had the cutest kids, but we knew that we actually did!