Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Still Waiting for that Phone Call: Our Second Adoption Journey

Just a few days ago, I presented a seminar on the topic of what the Church can do to care for orphans. My last point was this: God creates families. It's His business.

I really do believe this. I believe God is sovereign. I believe God creates families with detail and care and precision.

But my mother's heart has waited for 10 months for a second baby, and my mind is fighting--a losing battle--to think on what is true. I'm weary of waiting. I'm scared of the "what if." I am forgetting what I know to be true thanks to fear.

On the Fort Worth Moms Blog today, you will find my latest posting, aptly titled: "Waiting to Adopt . . . and Waiting and Waiting. This is an update about our adoption journey and a glimpse into what it feels like, at least for me, to be waiting for baby. I think it really applies not only to the wait for adoption, but also for any woman waiting for a child. Pregnancy blood test or agency phone call--waiting is so, so, so hard.

So if you see me, just remind me: God is sovereign. God creates families. God loves me.



No comments: