Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A New Chapter in My Career: FWMB Owner

It's with a WHOLE BIG BUNCH of excitement that I announce my recent acquisition of the Fort Worth Moms Blog (FWMB). The blog, which functions much like a magazine, serves as an online resource for mamas in Tarrant County--connecting ladies with local information, pertinent events, encouragement in motherhood, and helpful products/tools.

My dream for FWMB is for it to be a champion of motherhood and a community hub for the moms in our area. The blog is already a beacon in Fort Worth (thanks to the hard work of previous owner, Emily Strong), and I hope to make that light brighter!

This opportunity came at just the right time. Six months ago or so, the mister and I had a discussion about my current work situation. Quite frankly, I was waning in excitement for the editorial services gig I had going on. While I still will maintain a few editing clients, I wanted to venture into my own writing and other areas.

At the time, I was the managing editor for the blog. When I learned of the availability of the blog, after a few weeks of thought, counsel, and prayer, I decided to dive in. The ownership of the Fort Worth Moms Blog lets me manage my own business, continue to use my "editor" hat, and fits with my season of life (motherhood to littles, duh).

So I'd appreciate your prayers and support. Certainly, I have a few months of acclimation ahead of me. If you get a chance, visit FWMB! I would absolutely devour any ideas, recommendations, etc. Check us out too--and follow, and like, and share--on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+.

No comments: