Thursday, February 19, 2009

Busy is . . .

Us. We are busy. And I hate it. No one it to blame; it just happens during some seasons. Bryan's practice is picking up; that means later days and tougher schedules. My work is staying consistent too. After a couple of years in Texas, we are securing that social network, which means there's a thing to go to here and someone to meet for that. Not that I'm complaining. I appreciate jobs and friends and everyday life. It just that lately all that has been compounded by career decisions, remodeling queries, and learning of friends in marital trouble. Maybe what I really need is to sleep in on Saturday. . . . 

Nonetheless, we have good things ahead to help us stop the busyness and relax. For one, Bryan's parents are coming to visit this weekend. While the arrival of the in-laws may be a stressor for some, I'm one of the lucky (or weird) ones who snagged the great in-laws! My parents are the problems! Ha! And two, we are going to D.C. next month . . . nothing like a few days off. 

Yes, we are busy, but we are thankful. Thankful God gave us each other. Thankful we enjoy being married to one another. Thankful we can bless others with the blessing God gives us. Thankful for good health and sharp minds to make it through the days. Just thankful . . . and busy. :-)

No comments: