Friday, February 27, 2009

What's Going on with the Yourees?

I know you've been wondering that, right? Staying up at night, pondering, What's new with those Yourees? (chuckle, chuckle)

At last, your wait is over. I'm finally getting around to blogging! Bryan and I have both been busy with work. I'm swamped with freelance work--no complaints. Bryan is embarking into new responsibilities and achievements in his work. But all is good and growing!

Speaking of growing, the unusually warm temps prompted us to clean behind our garage and finally set up those garden boxes. Just call me Martha--I'm planting a garden! You'll notice all the irises in the other pics. Those iris bulbs were all pulled from behind the garage. The previous owner had more than 100 iris bulbs squeezed in the ground. We gave away eight bags of bulbs and still had this many to plant! Of course, none of these projects would be completed without the help of Bryan's parents--Gary and Elaine.

They came for a few days last weekend. We had the BEST time. And they were such big helpers--fixing our light switches, helping Bryan with the garage improvements, building the garden boxes (thanks Gary!), and helping with the great iris removal! Besides all the hard work, we ate at some great restaurants (my new fav, Gradys . . . mmmm), shopped, and played fun games. And how could I forget, the Chieftains performance at the Bass Hall. We hope they come back soon . . . but we promise no projects next time!




No comments: