Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rainy Rangers


Although it may seem like my father's illness is consuming my days (which it almost is!), Bryan and I have taken some time to relax and enjoy our life!

A couple weekends ago we attended a Texas Rangers game. It was very fun and entertaining . . . the ball game, that is, until about the sixth inning. Then, the entertainment proved to be a nasty thunderstorm rolling into Arlington. Bryan captured the pic above before the proverbial "bottom fell out."

We also still work in our garden and yard. Hopefully, the beneficial nematodes we "planted" in our garden will truly be beneficial and kill all the grubs and cut worms terrorizing our garden! I'll keep you posted on that! (I'm sure the eco-status of our garden is of utmost concern to you, dear reader.)

On Sunday, we ventured to the movie theater, which said to say, we only find ourselves at two or three times a year! We like movies. We like the theater. We just never make time to go! Julie & Julia was great--just the thing I needed to check-out for a bit.

Alas, this concludes the recent "days of our lives." Tune in next time for more sensational reading. (Teehee)

1 comment:

Aly Beth said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope everything is going well. And I'm happy for you to have stolen some time to relax. Good luck!