Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day Mention

For those who have followed since last year (and before), you know I lost my mother in October. So this Mother's Day was a first for me--the first without my mom alive.

Many thoughts passed through my mind last week: What it means to be a mother without a mother. What life will be like without a mother for most of my Mother's Days. And the day my mother died.

Hearing the news on my phone . . . it felt like a punch in the gut. I'm still reeling from it. I remember walking through the door, fumbling into the dining room, and seeing Ms. Lisa's face. She froze, asking me what was wrong.

I'm thankful Ms. Lisa was there to hug me and let me sob. I'm thankful Ms. Lisa--Anna's usual babysitter--cared for her while Bryan and I sorted out the news. I'm thankful Ms. Lisa took Anna out to eat and kept her for several hours while I absorbed the shock.

I'm thankful for Ms. Lisa.

I'm thankful she is a great mother herself. I'm thankful she helps me be the best mother I can be. I'm thankful she helped me when I lost my mother.

So, Happy Mother's Day to Mom, to me, and to Ms. Lisa.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm really speechless for such beautiful words and thoughts being directed to me. THANKFUL goes both ways in the Ms. Lisa/Youree Family relationship.

I'm thankful that the Lord led me to such a wonderful family to spend time with each week. I'm thankful and blessed beyond words that Anna Zane is in my life. The Lord saw fit to bless me with two boys and no little girls. I think this is His was of letting me "have" a little girl....me getting to borrow Anna sometimes.

When the time comes that I am no longer Anna's nanny, as I have been told she will attend full-time school one day (ahem)... I am thankful that I will still have someone special in my life to still call friend. Emily.

Lisa C. said...

Wow! I am humbled by the beautiful thoughts and words. Being THANKFUL runs both ways in the Ms. Lisa/Youree Family relationship.

I am thankful that the Lord led me to such a wonderful, Christian family I get to spend time with every week. I am thankful that I love my job being Anna Zane's nanny. I use the term job very loosely. I LOVE spending time with Anna and don't really view it as a job at all. How many people can honestly say that they LOVE going to "work" everyday and that the person they are with blesses them beyond words? I bet not many.

I am thankful to have a little girl that loves me sooo much back. Her "Ceesa's" (that is Ms. Lisa in Anna language)heart swells with thankfulness whenever I am with her. The Lord saw fit to bless me with two boys to love and care for and they are nearly grown. A little girl wasn't in His plan for me. I believe Anna in my life is the Lord's plan for me in "having" a little girl. I get to borrow her almost whenever I want. :-)

I am thankful that when my "job" is over with Anna that I will still have someone to call a very special friend. Emily.

Louanne said...

Oh my goodness. This is so sweet. Hugs to you friend.