Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Adoption Anniversary

Am I waxing eloquent . . . and reminiscent on this blog or what? Today is ANOTHER important Youree day, folks. It's the anniversary of the adoption finalization. Way back when I blogged about this great day (complete with pictures); it still sends shivers down my spine as I remember the excitement and emotion of those few minutes standing before the judge. Oh, I thought I loved her then, but that love grows bigger every day.

We celebrated with a family outing on Saturday; the Youree Three cheered the Rangers on to victory.



And then this evening, we ate dinner at a restaurant, where the wee one gorged on her favorite delicatessen: Cheetos.

She also wanted me to take a picture with her soda. These treats are BIG deals at our house.

For adoption day, we give Anna one gift. This year a Doc McStuffins doll with a full head of hair was the winner. Anna is currently obsessed with styling her dolls' hair. I mean obsessed. In true-to-Anna fashion, Doc was quickly stripped of her clothes and the braids taken out of her hair upon leaving the safe confines of the packaging. She has not stopped playing with her (except at the restaurant . . . only because I wouldn't allow her to take it in. Doc waited patiently in the car seat until we returned).


Anna Zane, you're with us. We are family forever! We love you!

No comments: