Monday, September 22, 2014

Home Study: Third Time's the Charm?

Roughly one year ago, we sat in my living room with a new case worker. This family of three started the steps to become more--a family of four. But here we are . . . still a family of three. (A happy family of three, by the way.) It's the cliche tried and true phrase, but "if you'd told me a year ago . . . I wouldn't have believed you."

I'm weary of waiting as I've written before.

But I'm confident that waiting is what we need to do . . . waiting for whatever God has "next" for us. So, today, in efforts to keep waiting, we renewed our home study. Our case worker came again to look at the house, ask us questions, "interview" Anna. (Hysterical really. Little Miss is recovering from a head cold/virus, and, for whatever reason, when she is ill, she is delusional and hyper. JUST the kind of behavior I was hoping for in front of the case worker. Just.)

We experienced one home study with Anna, and two this go around, making this (all you math wizards), our third rodeo. Home studies are likely the most never-wracking thing for adoptive parents because you place all this unreal pressure on yourself. I soooo didn't do that this time because I know the drill. It's not intrusive; it's not uncomfortable. I tried really hard to just show normal life at the Yourees. We didn't even put up the laundry drying in my room. Teehee.

We're thus waiting for the home study to be approved, which should be before October 1st. And then we will wait some more . . . but hopefully not that much. :-)

No comments: