Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easter 2013 with the Youree Three

Thanks to my participation in the study of Luke at my church this year, I was essentially a basket case this Easter. Since September, my women's study group at church has been studying Luke chapter by chapter. We came to the crucifixion and resurrection just in time for Easter. Add in a Seder Feast we attended, and I was tearing up at the mention of a candy egg. Ah, so refreshing for my heart and mind to actually be focused on the meaning of Easter--and its implications for the world!

While Anna doesn't understand the intricacies of Easter, she does know to wave a palm branch and say, "Hosanna, Hosanna" and that Jesus is alive. She also mastered the art of hunting plastic eggs stuffed with treats. Over and over and over and over. 

We celebrated Resurrection Sunday at our church and brunched with good friends at--where else--Hot Damn Tamales. I mean, isn't that the go-to Easter brunch spot? Actually, it was dee-lish. I'd so go again. Yum.

To top off the Easter post, here's a pic or two of God's gift to us: