Thursday, April 4, 2013

Naked in the Crib

Nope, not the title of a new VH1 show. It's my life.

I had plans today to post some Easter pics and a recap of our celebration. Is it awful that post was booted because of poop?

Let me explain.

Remember, I waved the potty-training white flag. We are not working on such achievements at present. So, it was a surprise when Anna Zane produced a surprise in the bathtub last night. Just use your imagination. But that, my friends, was nothing. Nothing.

As Bryan was going to bed, he noticed Anna Zane was sleeping on the opposite side of the crib; so we couldn't see her very well in the monitor. That's my disclaimer.

Imagine my surprise when I walked into Anna's room this morning to find her sitting on her pillow in same said corner, pointing to a small pile of poo in her crib. Imagine my surprise.

Quickly, it became clear she was not wearing pants or a diaper. She also looked horrified about her present situation. She patted the bed and said, "Bed wet."

I asked: "Where's your diaper?" It was nowhere to be found . . . until I lifted her balled up blankets. (See, when we lay down Anna at night, we put the blankets over her. Comfy, cozy goes the routine. And once we shut the door, she "adjusts" things by balling up her blankets beside her.) Since the diaper was under the blankets, I feared the worst. Did she?

Oh yes, she did. The diaper was completely dry. My best guess is that she took off her pants and diaper last night after Bryan laid her down. She SLEPT ALL NIGHT IN HER CRIB WITHOUT A DIAPER, PANTS, NOTHING.

And the reason why she was sitting bare-bottomed on her pillow? Because every.inch.of.her.crib. was doused in urine . . . like through the mattress pad and everything.

Imagine my surprise.

I wasn't angry, and I didn't reprimand her. Honestly, she seemed so mortified that I didn't really "mention it" again. It's a great story, though; one to be repeated many times as she gets older, no doubt. (I can see it now. She's 13 and giving me attitude. I'll say, "Oh no, young lady, I have cleaned up your mess when you peed all night. No ma'am, don't tell me that I'm ruining your life.)

Oh, and be thankful I didn't post pictures.

Anna Zane . . . Anna Zane.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

That IS a great story! Ha ha ha. I love it! My brother has a similar story from when he was a babe ... only it was way worse. He ended up--great ready for this--"finger painting" every square inch of his crib and the adjoining wall. I think my dad about fainted. How awful!