Friday, January 31, 2014

Mark Your Calendars: May 19

Besides being my fantastically charming nephew's birthday, May 19 also marks the day my latest book, Legendary Locals of Fort Worth, hits the shelves! WHOO-HOO!



While I am literally--and embarrassingly so--just now digging out from all the work and hoopla the book prep brought, I am now really excited to see the final product. Galleys and edits are sure to be in my future, but the launch date gives a sense of . . . the end of the tunnel (hopefully with hallelujah lights and not a train).

The project was/is so interesting. I've learned so much more about the great and varied city of Fort Worth. From the first African-American nurse to the likes of a pioneering choreographer to golfers with gusto to the rowdy and religious, Legendary Locals of Fort Worth presents numerous photos and bios about the lives that shaped the grit and grace of Cowtown. Intriguing, right?

Amazon already allows for pre-orders. So pre-order away: http://www.amazon.com/Legendary-Locals-Worth-Emily-Youree/dp/1467101346/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391206690&sr=8-1&keywords=Legendary+Locals+of+Fort+Worth

Stay tuned to the blog. I will update as news develops, especially regarding launch parties and signings!

Four months and counting . . . .




1 comment: