Sunday, February 2, 2014

Surgery on the Horizon

When I was in third grade, I had to sit in the front row to see the chalkboard. Time for a visit to the eye doctor.

Sporting my new pink plastic-rimmed glasses, I was amazed that you could see individual leaves on trees. I'd thought, for as long as I could remember, that trees were more like green blobs.

Here's to hoping another ocular miracle happens on Thursday.

Today is my last day to wear contacts. Tomorrow starts several days of glasses only until Thursday when the doc does his magic. It's almost an identity crises to think I will soon shed contacts and glasses. They've been part of my daily routine for decades.

I pray the Valium kicks in quick so I'm not all jitters during the surgery. (I'll be awake!)
I pray my eyes heal well.
I pray Anna doesn't freak out too much--thanks to the very stylish plastic goggles I'll be wearing for a few days and thanks to not being able to pick her up/bathe her for an entire week.
I pray the surgery is a success with nothing further needed, especially that follow-up surgery possibility.

Yep, surgery is on the horizon. And here's to hoping it's not blurry.

No comments: