Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Not the LASIK I Dreamed Of . . . Yet


I thought my LASIK update would be really funny and witty as I relayed to you how I completely panicked in the chair, and how Valium is not my friend. And how I was psycho until about 5:30 that night. And then how wonderfully I could see and have been so busy frolicking in fields of clear, crisp clover that I had no time to blog.

A girl can dream.

My recovery from LASIK surgery on Thursday has not gone well. After updating my doctor about my lack of progress, he requested to see me today.

Because my eyesight was so poor to begin with, it is difficult sometimes to get clear vision the first time with LASIK. While, we cannot make that determination for sure until the one month point (March 6), the doctor believes I will need surgery again. Currently I have 20/25 in one eye, and 20/60 in the other. This could fluctuate for a month. 

The hard part is that he cannot give me corrective lenses until the one month mark because there's the chance my vision could change between now and then. 

I am praying my vision clears enough soon so that I could safely drive, and even better to be able to read. If not clear by Friday, I will need to resign from a few freelance jobs due to the inability to proofread. My work load is large right now. Not being able to drive or read for one month will be a burden on our family. I so pray the Lord is merciful in this.

I will see my doctor again next week, and then again the week of March 6th. At the March appointment, he will make the determination about corrective glasses and a scheduled surgery date for May.

I'm gonna be in this chair again. Sigh.


Can you see the panic in my eye? :-)
What? This doesn't look comfortable?


No comments: