Friday, February 21, 2014

Was Blind, But Now I See

Sure I may have inflammation in my right eye (explains the halo effect).

Sure I'm going back to the doc in two weeks.

Sure I'm having surgery again in May.

BUT I DO NOT CARE TONIGHT, FRIENDS! Why? Because I am wearing glasses with a "pretty close" prescription.

I can see! I can drive! I can read! I can get back to functioning like a normal person!

Originally, the doc told me he wouldn't give me a script for glasses until the one-month mark, which was March 6. This afternoon I visited the doc again. My right eye has worsened likely due to inflammation; so I'm back on steroid drops for two weeks. He also thinks this inflammation is why I can only see 20/30 when refracted. But after some begging and desperation on my part, he relented and gave me a prescription for glasses. I may or may not have sang a bar of the "Hallelujah Chorus" right there in the chair.

In two weeks, I will return to see Dr. Warren for a check-up and to discuss more seriously a time table for surgery in May.

But I am so relieved to to be able to see clearer. Whew.


No comments: