Sunday, November 29, 2015

Remember the Thanksgiving I Shoplifted?

This Thanksgiving holiday was certainly one for the record books:

1. We celebrated Thanksgiving a few days early on Saturday, November 21, in a full-on feast that also doubled as Louisa's first birthday party. Welcomed and fed 30 in our home? Check. Celebrated our sweet girl? Check. Louisa loved the cupcake but chose a dainty approach? Check.

2. Bryan was on call for five days during Thanksgiving. While that makes for a less-than-traditional holiday, I'd so much rather he work Turkey Day than Christmas. Amen?

3. Thanksgiving was redeemed thanks to a visit from our niece. She always adds a lot of joy to our home. (And it was nice to have some help. LOL. Solo parenting is not for me.)

4. I dragged Baylee in a torrential rainstorm on Thanksgiving night around 8:30 to engage in primal shopping. Much to my disappointment, the mobs were absent. No waiting in lines. Got a few good deals. And home by 11:30. Weird.

5. Day number two of ninja shopping. This time I dragged Baylee, Anna, and Louisa is equally heavy rain to exercise our shopping prowess. Of course, we didn't get out the door until 11:00 a.m., but was again so disappointed by the lack of lines! Easiest Black Friday shopping I've ever done and that's with two small children and flooding rains. I mean. Really.

6. Dragged Baylee back out shopping after Bryan got home to score kids' clothes at Gap. After a power sweep through the girls' sections, I checked out. Drove home. Walked in. Started to take off my jacket, and then realized I had a pair of girl's, size five leggings thrown over my shoulder. I WALKED OUT THE DOOR OF GAP WITH THESE PANTS. I DID NOT PURCHASE THESE PANTS. Agh, I shoplifted . . . accidentally.

7. Took pants back to Gap the next day and profusely apologized. The "workers," and Anna would say, got quite the giggle.

8. And out came the Christmas decor. We sufficiently taught Baylee the Youree philosophy of ornament placement: No branch left behind.

9. To celebrate Baylee's last night with us, Bryan surviving Thanksgiving call, and giving me a break from slaving over the stove (ahem), we went out to eat. Except. On the drive to the restaurant, we totally owned a pothole, which in turn owned our back right tire in a blowout fashion. Bryan then dropped us at the restaurant while he drove to the tire shop. Of course, he then discovered the other three tires were so worn that placement of the new tire would jack up the alignment so we had to buy four new tires. By the time he picked us up, we were done eating. He ate leftover turkey and pretzels when we got home.

Now that's a holiday to remember. Hope your Thanksgiving was just as happy.

No comments: