Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Loooooooong Silence

Nearly every blogger does it. A season of life causes a pause. A break. A hiatus. Radio, er, Internet silence. Yes, it has been a long silence from me.

I'd like to blame the silence on being a mother of two. Yes, this season of mothering two littles is challenging. But really, really wonderful. While I wince that I've not catalogued Louisa's first months quite as well as I did Anna's, I am content to know I've soaked them in, these last moments of loving on my last little infant. These last moments of Anna being at home full time.

Or I could blame a job change, a slight turn on the career path. As you know, I took over ownership of the Fort Worth Moms Blog in April. It's been something else since then. My mind explodes at the growth, the reception of this business. My heart explodes at the community I'm part of, the ladies I've meet, the difference this organization is making in real mamas lives. Could this possibly be my job??? YES! Amazing.

New baby. New job. No time. Right?

Eh, yes and no.

The real reason my silence lasted so long is this: Grief. Yes, I am still reeling over the loss of my dear friend, Bethany. I'm still somewhere stuck in grief.

New baby. New job. New loss. That's what's going on. A WHOLE LOT!

But I'm hopeful. I'm grateful. I'm committing to be less insular and more open. I need to end the long silence. And I hope you will listen.


No comments: