Thursday, August 14, 2008

On My Knees

Today the house is very quite. We are missing the tiny tot who's been playing and laughing at our house for the last few days. Amelia, now two-and-a-half, as she can proudly tell you, is a bundle of energy and joy--so cute and so fun! We had a great visit with Jennifer, Colby, and Amelia. We rode the train, visited the cowgirl museum (Amelia loves horses), shopped at Grapevine Mills, and played ALL day at the water park. Did I mention that I'm exhausted? Ha!

During the Morgan's visit, another "incident" occurred. Um, in the church parking lot on Sunday, I was attempting to exit their HUGE Tahoe. Unfortunately, my sandal heel caught on the car, and I plummeted knee-first to the pavement. I quickly remembered why skinned knees are such a pain--figuratively and literally. Everyone had a good laugh; I hobbled to church. However, by Tuesday my knee was a little on the Rudolph-red side and very . . . well, let's say infected. One look from my doctor and I was on my way to pick up antibiotics at Walgreens. After leg propped, pills popped, and a good night's rest, I successfully avoided IV antibiotics, which was going to be my fate if the knee did not improve by morning. (You can imagine my reaction to the possibility of IV antibiotics!) Bryan joked: "Colby and Jennifer cannot come back to visit because you either faint or throw yourself out of cars." He's referring to their visit last year, when I overheated and fainted at the zoo. :-) What will their next visit bring?

No comments: