Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Hello Emily, I'm George."



As part of our anniversary week celebrations, we stayed one night at the Rough Creek Lodge. Truthfully, it was a bit less glamorous than that. Bryan had a physicians' retreat to attend. It just so happened to be on our anniversary week. So we made the most of it! The Lodge and area was breath-taking and so very wonderfully quiet.

The biggest surprise of the weekend, besides the incredibly comfortable, California-king-sized bed, was meeting former president George W. Bush. We knew a couple of days in advance, he was going to be a keynote speaker; but had no idea we'd get to meet him and strike a pose! Now, no matter your political leanings, you have to admit, meeting a former president of the United States is VERY COOL.

Tom Daschle was also a speaker the next day. Alas, his session was too early and I've already mentioned how I felt about the bed . . . so I didn't make it to the session. But, my sweet husband got him to autograph a book for me. Thanks, Bryan!

Here's the view from our room . . .

No comments: