Thursday, October 29, 2009

Vegetation

If you've known me for any amount of time, you know I love plants. Each year, I purchase new plants to add to the plants I already have. It's a strategy. If I buy only a handful a year, Bryan won't realize they are taking over the house and yard.

Yesterday, I experienced fall in full force. When coming out my backdoor, I saw leaves raining to the ground. Ah, it was beautiful. I love plants, even when they're molting.

Here are some pics of our garden; it's near the end of its cycle (although we have a tomato plant that's exploded with fruit). The marigold pictured was planted in the spring. It is the largest marigold plant I have ever seen in my life. Notice the other flowers in the background compared to the one in the forefront. So huge!


You can also check out the before and after of my new flower garden. Let's just say the sweet potato vines did well. The latter pic was taken after the plants were cut back at least ten times--no lie.
Now, time to buy more winter pansies. . . .

No comments: