Monday, March 7, 2011

It's a Girl!

It is with great excitement and overwhelming joy that I announce . . . . WE MATCHED WITH A BABY!

We will be bringing home our baby girl tomorrow afternoon!!!!! She was born on February 17, 2011, weighing in at a stellar 7lb and 1oz and 20 inches long. We are OVER the moon with happiness and praise to our Father, who gives all good gifts. How wonderful that we will bring her home on March 8, which will be the five-year anniversary of our first date!

After nine "almost" babies, we decided to start keeping potential baby info to ourselves. It had just become emotionally draining telling everyone when it didn't work out.

So, we found out about this baby--lucky number 10--on March 1st. It was the standard email informing us of the hospital referral. We had one day to respond if we wanted our profile shown. We agreed this was an ideal situation for us, and promptly informed our case worker that we did want our profile book shown. Due to the birth parents' schedules they could not review profiles until this morning.

When the phone rang, I knew we'd be chosen because it was only 30 minutes after they'd been shown our books. The case worker said, "Congratulations, mommy, you've been chosen!" I cried for five minutes; Logan, our case worker, was so kind to just let me weep on the phone with her. I asked her if she could call Bryan because I was so emotional. She was able to conference him in, and I got to hear her tell him! What fun!

The day has been filled with a flurry of activity. I had several articles due this week and next. Thankfully, all my employers have been so gracious to relieve me of those duties. And we have been able to get an appointment scheduled with a ped doc. Both of us have been so blessed with phone calls, texts, and emails of those sharing the joy of our news. Our church family has brought me to tears with their kindness and calls, volunteering baby items, help getting ready, bringing meals so quickly. Ah, "How deep the Father's love for us . . . ."

Since we are a bit bare when it comes to baby items, we are making a dash to Babies R' Us tonight to get a few necessities and to register for a few items. And heaven help us, we've GOT to figure out how to install the car seat.

Tomorrow we will post our sweet gal's name and pictures.

Lost in a whirlwind of joy and blessings,

The Yourees!


7 comments:

Susan Turnbough said...

SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! She is one blessed little girl!
Love and prayers,
Susan

KDub said...

This makes me smile! Congratulations!

Tanya said...

Emily, I'm so glad for you! I've been silently stalking hoping to hear this news for a while now. You guys will be so wonderful; I can't wait to continue to see how God blesses you on this journey!

Jeremy said...

Congrats for you guys! We love to hear other couples' stories of adoption!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! I am definitely excited for this baby girl...she will be blessed to be in your family. God's grace is so amazing! Congratulations.

BJ and Shalene said...

Emily, I can't tell you how happy I am for you! I read this post out loud to BJ and had tears in my eyes as I read a couple parts! The Lord is so good!!! Please let me know how I can help out, and I can't wait to meet her!

Katie Greenwood said...

Still moved to tears as I ponder what you must be feeling. How exciting. I pray you can sleep a bit tonight in the midst of your excitement.