Sunday, March 13, 2011

This I Know

Here's what I've learned this week:

  • Anna Zane looks so cute in light shades of green and blue, especially aqua tones.
  • I can survive and function quite nicely on a handful of hours of sleep.
  • Bryan will win the Father of the Year Award. He's so wonderful.
  • Rectal thermometers double as life savers. Not the candy.
  • A church family is really a family. We were blown away by the kindness and generosity of a sip-'n-see thrown in honor of Anna . . . put together in only five days!
  • Two a.m. is becoming a favorite of mine.
  • I'm becoming more of a mother every day.
  • "Sure, that tile looks good."
  • Normalcy and routine will again come my way.
  • I love brownies . . . a lot.
  • Poop happens. Ahem.
  • It's easier to sacrifice when it's for someone you love.
  • I'm addicted to hovering . . . a.k.a. watching Anna every moment of the day.
  • We can do this.

1 comment:

Melissa Youree Pfahl said...

Emily, I am over-the-moon for you, Bryan, and Anna. I JUST found your blog and got the photos. I cannot wait to meet her in the flesh and see you both as it has been so long! My wishes and thoughts are with you and please send me your address in addition to where you are registered! I adore the blog by the way and will be following this closely to learn the beauty and hard knocks...... I will be in your situation later this year.
Much love and excitement -- Melissa