Thursday, May 5, 2011

All About Anna


Have you ever seen anything so sweet? Sigh.

I love those lips and those chubby cheeks. We often joke she's gonna keep bruises on her cheeks because we kiss them so much!

Anna Zane is now in the double digits--10 weeks old. So crazy to believe . . . . it's nearly two months since we brought her home.

Here are a few facts about life in Youree house:

  • Playtime is more and more fun with her now squealing and talking. She's also become very fond of "chewing" on her left fist. Bryan and I are impressed by how much of the fist she can actually get in her mouth!
  • When we lay her down to change her diaper, she starts marching in place--every time. Those arms and legs swing just as if she's in army. If she starts saluting, I"ll be worried . . .
  • Size 0-3 months is getting tight. I'm predicting two more weeks in those clothes and then we're moving up! We've already purchased size 2 diapers. Oh, our growing girl.
  • Anna still loves to eat. She's downing 6-7 ounces every four hours.
  • And the most glorious of all . . . . (bragging drum roll, please) she is sleeping 10-11 hours straight per night!!!!!! Thank the LORD!
  • When I hold Anna up on my shoulder, she's now wrapping her arms around my neck--voluntarily. Talk about melting a mama's heart.
  • For whatever reason, she likes looking at bears, especially polar bears.
  • Taking a walk (er, ride in her stroller) is one of the top five activities Anna enjoys. When we go under a tree, her face lights up.
  • Riding in the car puts her to sleep.
  • Anna still cries when we put lotion on her. But she loves bath time (except when you wash her face). She's just beginning to kick her leg a bit in the water.
  • When she's playing on her back, I walk by periodically just so she can see me and hear me. After a few minutes of not seeing me, she'll grin from ear to ear when I talk to her just like she's been waiting for me to say something. So cute.
  • If I'm holding her and Bryan is walking around the room (or vice versa), she trails him with her eyes. "What's my daddy doing?" She needs to be "in the know."

1 comment:

Becky said...

yay for nights of sleep!! that is so exciting. love the updates :)