Monday, May 23, 2011

Reading My Mind

A juggling act--that's my new profession. Wife. Mama. Sister. Friend. Church member. Gardener. Writer. Editor. Author. Cook. Family calendar administrator. Taxi. Bell-hop.

And all the veteran mamas, nod their heads (and probably roll their eyes) . . . you know what I mean.

With so much on the ol' plate, a lot has been shuffling through my mind. So here, now you can read my mind:
  • Some days (like yesterday) Anna is fussy for no apparent reason; well, except teething. And that is a major reason. I'm just trying to pretend it's not true. :-)
  • On Saturday, I saw an elderly woman who suffered from a severe arched/humped back. She seemed homeless, since she was carrying several tattered bags loaded down with goods. She was dressed in several layers, one of which was a winter coat. (Did I mention it was nearly ninety degrees on Saturday?) And this lady was trying to cross a busy street. My heart was blessed when I witnessed a van stop to help. Three ladies from the van helped put the struggling woman's items inside, took off her coat, and offered her a ride.
  • Addressing the recent end-of-the-world predictions, I read a marquee this weekend that said: "You can be a good person without a belief in God." Strange. It's as if the person thought the goal of a relationship with God was to be a good person. Clearly, he or she does not know much about God.
  • What is the difference between the hand wash and delicate cycle? Really, the washer seems to be doing the same thing.
  • How in the world do mothers across the globe clean their homes?
  • Cloth diapers will make me crazy. Whose bright idea . . . .
  • Anna is growing faster than I can keep up. I'd like to relish each milestone, but at this rate, her baby book will soon turn into a novel.
Here's a picture of Anna because no blog post is complete without one. :-)

No comments: