Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chris Is Discharged

Not really his home, but my sister's. Why? Because Chris doesn't live in Nashville.

For those of you confused or just tuning in, let me catch you up:

Our mother died in a house fire on October 5 in Van Buren, Arkansas. My brother Chris lived with her but was not at home during the blaze accident. On October 16 & 17, we had services for her in East Tennessee. My brother drove there. He was limping due to pain in his right foot. My husband even checked out his foot on Tuesday. The would was still there but did not appear to be infected.

On Chris' trip back to Arkansas, he stopped in Nashville where my sister lives to stay the night. The next morning he awoke with his foot in much worse shape.

The rest follows in this order: urgent care clinic, ER, admitted, surgery, four-day stay, discharged yesterday, horrible night at Tina's house with vomiting and pain.

The surgeon said it should take around a month to heal if all goes well. He has an open would that home health services is treating every other day; and my sweet sister is changing otherwise. He goes back to doctor on Wednesday for a follow-up appointment. How long he will stay in Nashville is not yet certain, but could possibly be a month.

No comments: