Wednesday, October 3, 2012

School Girl

Just three weeks ago, Anna started school . . . for three hours on Friday, that is. It's really a funny story of how it all happened. My friend had her little one on a waiting list at UCC Weekday School. She received a call about a new 1-year-old class for Fridays, but they were short one student for the class to "make." So I thought, what the heck, I'll call the school. Sure enough, we were in. Just like that. What makes me laugh even more? Two days before she started, I decided I probably should actually visit the school. I know all these moms who visited multiple schools and spent hours researching educational philosophies--and rightfully so, I might add. But how absolutely funny is it that I sort of accidentally enroll her in a year of school; yes, that is so me. (And Aunt Lori, it looks like my college visions of parenting weren't too off: a.k.a., me being horribly late, stopping at the curb, waving goodbye to a child in wrinkled clothing. "Have a good day, honey." Ha!)

But back to the point.

Anna really, really likes Friday school, as we call it. She it also totally OBSESSED with her lunch box, which she carries and holds on the way to school. Her teacher is wonderful, allowing them to paint a lot. This is a big treat for Anna because painting and toddlers make me very anxious. It's a stretch for us to use watercolors at home. So imagine Anna's delight when Ms. Jaclyn brings out the squirt paint and cars to roll through it. (Be still my heart.)

Here are pics from her first day: Yes, those white pants are now ruined.



1 comment:

Becky said...

I love this!! I was so thankful when the boys when to pre-k and they were actually allowed to do craft projects--so not my cup of tea! of course, now they are old enough to just go and get the supplies out of the cabinet and craft to their hearts content....which is nice, but makes me a bit sad at the same time.